1. Research and be prepared! Once you book a cruise, review the spa services that will be available during the vacation. Most ship’s will have descriptions and full price lists of all services and packages on their websites. Next, take the time to research rival cruise line’s prices. Once armed with this vital information, contact your ship’s Spa early and set up reservations. Ask the representative about competitive price-matching and beating. In addition, making reservations during port excursions days typically are cheaper. Explain that you will select more services if they are willing to give you the best Spa prices!
2. Take advantage of tours! It is always a good idea to board on departure day as early as possible. Make it to the spa tours! Most ships offer these, but they’re for the smart early birds! These are a great value of your time for many reasons. It is fun to see a behind the scenes glimpse of all the various services and facilities offered. Many tours give VIP extras like exclusive demonstrations, and FREE champagne and product samples! Plus it’s a great way to become more familiar with all those treatments you’ve always wanted to try.
3. Win free prizes! Most times along with the tour or separately, Spas will offer a drawing for free services and products! Again, drawings are usually held early on departure days so check with your concierge and cruise newsletters/itineraries. These are only open to the guests who show up to participate. So if there are 50 guests who enter a drawing for 10 prizes…Consider the odds! Your chances of winning are better than at the casino!
4. Speak up and be bold! It never hurts to continually ask for the lowest prices, discounted packages, and even product coupons. Any additional savings small or large puts you ahead. Booking a mother-daughter mani-pedi might earn each customer a coupon for free nail polish…Remember, their goal is to sell you services and give a great experience. That’s how the cruise line earns additional bookings and a renowned reputation. So make them work to earn your business!
5. Find free facility uses! Many Spas offer FREE use of their bathrooms with showers, steam bathes and dry saunas. The showers are larger than in the cabins and often have supplies of plush towels and robes. Vacations should be about rest and relaxation. Visiting the Spa during a cruise can give you R&R! Follow our Top Five Ways to Save and get the most for your money. Good Luck! … Read More