Many more families are making plans to travel with children by car for vacations for various reasons, out of which the rising costs of airfares and growing security checks leading to longer time at the airports, are the main motivators. This car vacation trend is making many of us with young children to start reliving our childhood days when we had to travel to most places with our parents by car.
Many are already asking friends about how they made their car vacation work and how they coped with the incessant inquiries from children like: “How much longer?”.
So here are seven tips to make your car vacation happier and a lot more interesting:
1. Know when your kids do better for traveling: It will help you a lot if you know what time of the day your kids love to travel. Let your family vacation take-off plan match this time of the day. For some of us, our kids don’t travel well in the morning; they do much better in the noon towards evening parents like to travel when the little ones are going to be having their day sleep. Another strategy is to wake the kiddies very early, about 4am, and put them in the car and get under way. That way the children will cuddle down and sleep for several hours before waking up and wanting food or drinks.
2. Package things that will keep kids busy while travels last-DVD and CD players inclusive: It’s good you stock your car with things that will keep your kids busy while the car travel lasts. Get pre-bagged snacks for everyone even parents, a cooler with lots of water, your kids’ favorite drinks. You should also get things like colored pencils, crayons, a few books-like coloring and sticker books, travel games and journals for older kids. Get a DVD player which is capable of making kids spend longer hours and yet not feeling bored. Think of some games to play like, “I spy something beginning with w..” or for small children it could be: “I spy something red…” Another game is to look for cars with say, the number 8 in its number plate.
3. Pack a bag of 3 days’ worth of clothes for everyone for every 3 days of vacation: To ease the difficulty involved with packing everyone’s suitcase for this travel with children, pack a bag in which everyone has 3 days’ worth of clothes. So, if the family vacations last for 6 days, you would only need to pack two bags of clothes for the whole family.
4. Consider a car topper for safekeeping of your belongings: Keep your belongings in a car topper to avoid filling the inside of your car with belongings to the brim and choke out space badly needed by your kids.
5. Take a digital camera and create a lifetime memory of your family vacation: Do not forget to take a digital camera for this travel with children because … Read More